LANAP® does not require the use of a blade, or sutures. It is a minimally invasive surgery that results in very little recession and pain for the patient. The laser operates at a wavelength that can tell the difference between the diseased tissue and the healthy tissue. This means that the laser is extremely safe and selective when being used in surgery. For the first time, we can remove the diseased tissue and bacteria from your gums without harming, cutting, or removing healthy tissue!
Why Should You Choose LANAP®?
LANAP® offers unparallelled benefits, including:
- 24 Hour Recovery Time with Minimal Discomfort
- 98% of Laser Treated Patients Remain Stable After Five Years
- Greater Predictability for Reattachment of Gum Tissue and Bone Regeneration
- Less Time in the Dental Chair
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Decreased Sensitivity and Less Bleeding
- Little to No Gum Recession
- Less Pain and Discomfort
Laser Gum Surgery vs. Traditional Gum Surgery
Looking for laser treatment in Chicago Loop? Gum disease treatment has come a long way from scalpels and sutures. Here are some chief advantages of laser gum surgery over traditional surgery:
- Less Pain and Discomfort — Because the laser targets only the diseased tissue, Dr. Marcus can remove the bacteria without cutting or stitching, resulting in a more relaxed patient experience. Most patients experience very little pain or discomfort, so pain medication is rarely prescribed after treatment.
- Shorter Recovery — Most patients are able to resume their daily activities immediately after the laser gum surgery procedure.
- Quicker Healing — LANAP® is able to be so selective with the tissue it targets because of the Periolase® MVP-7™. This FDA cleared laser eradicates the bacteria and reduces the inflammation without disturbing the healthy tissue, allowing your body to heal quickly.
- Little to No Gum Recession — Because traditional surgery uses a scalpel, the procedure always entails some degree of gum recession. The gum line may be reduced anywhere from 2-4 mm to 10-15 mm in a traditional surgery procedure. In contrast, patients experience little to no gum recession with LANAP® since no incisions are made. Limited gum recession is just one of the many reasons that patients come to Dr. Marcus for this innovative laser treatment in the Chicago Loop.
- Reduced Inflammation and Bleeding — The PerioLase® MVP-7™ removes about 90 percent of the inflammation after one treatment. Patients experience little to no bleeding.
- Saves Teeth — The top reason patients choose laser gum disease treatment is because they want to save and keep their natural teeth.
No one tells it more perfectly than our patients
“Dr. Marcus (Michael) is truly a life saver! He is the super hero of all dentists. He is the most understanding, gentle, compassionate dentist who takes the time to make you feel comfortable and safe. I have serious fears of the dentist from horrible past experiences, but Dr. Marcus takes away all my worries. He…
“I wish I could give more stars! My appointment with Dr Marcus was Life Changing!!! I went in for a 2nd opinion, my crown was chipped & hurting. Dr M told me I was clenching & told me I was not getting deep sleep…. well I am 53 yrs old, always tired, never had dreams…
“I cannot imagine a more professional, competent and friendly dental practice. I actually look forward to my dental appointments. I have been a patient here for over twenty years and have had complex dental needs during that time. I highly recommend this practice.”
“My experience with Dr. Marcus and his team made it clear to me that they are genuinely committed to the well-being of their patients’ dental health. They took the time to listen to all of my concerns and then outlined a very clear plan for treatment.”
“This dental office is absolutely top-notch. Dr Marcus is excellent and has brought my husband’s mouth back into good dental health after years of cracked teeth and root canals. The office is run with professionalism and I have never been kept waiting for an appointment. Highly recommend!”
“There’s a reason I’ve been coming here for over 2 decades! Not many can say they enjoy their experience at the dentist, but I can! Love Dr. Marcus and his team (Joan, Dawn, etc.).”
Call us today! 312-263-6898