For half of a century, the Marcus Dental Practice team has provided patients with long-term solutions for their dental woes. One of our favorite (and long-lasting) remedies for missing teeth is dental implants, a permanent replacement method that surpasses all others.
Dental Implants are nearly as strong as natural teeth
Dental implants are so strong because they are made from titanium, a biocompatible material. Once placed into the bone, the implants heals around the bone, making it literally part of your body.
The problems with missing teeth
When you’re missing teeth, everything becomes an issue. Will others judge you? Will you be able to eat, speak, laugh, and smile in social settings? Will you be doomed to a life of soaking your teeth overnight in a bedside glass? Will you need to add dental adhesives to your Amazon shopping list? Worry no more! Dental implants allow you to enjoy life AND renewed self-confidence at their fullest.
Call us today! 312-263-6898
Dental implants can improve your health
According to the Mayo Clinic, people without their teeth are at risk of cutting their life short by about 10 years. The reason is simple. Without teeth, you cannot maintain a healthy diet. Dental implants will allow you to eat and digest food much like you would with natural teeth.
Benefits Beyond Compare
Unlike dentures and other prosthetic options, dental implants are permanent. The other benefits are life-changing, such as:
- Stability — Dental implants are as stable and strong as your natural teeth. That means you’ll have no need to worry about slipping dentures.
- Freedom — Because they’re permanent and secure, dental implants leave you free to enjoy your favorite foods. Never again will raw fruits and veggies, a hearty steak, or saltwater taffy be on your DO NOT EAT list.
- Simplicity — No overnight soaking, no dental adhesives, and no newfangled implements: you will care for your dental implants just as you would your natural teeth.
- Confidence — When you laugh or smile, the LAST thing on your mind will be what others think of your appearance. Forget about covering your mouth when you laugh; dental implants will leave you yearning to share
Are you a candidate for implants?
Ideal implant candidates will have good dental and overall health as well as the willingness to care properly for their teeth. The following conditions may require some requisite treatments before implants can be placed:
- Gum Disease — All signs of gum disease must be removed in order to prevent further tooth loss and ensure that the implants successfully integrate.
- Bone Loss — If your jaw bone has deteriorated, a bone graft may be necessary prior to implant placement.
- Tobacco Use — Smoking and other tobacco use may prevent you from healing properly after your implants are placed. Your dentist may recommend that you quit before undergoing placement surgery.
To find out more about our dental implant services, contact The Marcus Dental Practice today. We look forward to seeing your smile.
No one tells it more perfectly than our patients
“Dr. Marcus (Michael) is truly a life saver! He is the super hero of all dentists. He is the most understanding, gentle, compassionate dentist who takes the time to make you feel comfortable and safe. I have serious fears of the dentist from horrible past experiences, but Dr. Marcus takes away all my worries. He…
“I wish I could give more stars! My appointment with Dr Marcus was Life Changing!!! I went in for a 2nd opinion, my crown was chipped & hurting. Dr M told me I was clenching & told me I was not getting deep sleep…. well I am 53 yrs old, always tired, never had dreams…
“I cannot imagine a more professional, competent and friendly dental practice. I actually look forward to my dental appointments. I have been a patient here for over twenty years and have had complex dental needs during that time. I highly recommend this practice.”
“My experience with Dr. Marcus and his team made it clear to me that they are genuinely committed to the well-being of their patients’ dental health. They took the time to listen to all of my concerns and then outlined a very clear plan for treatment.”
“This dental office is absolutely top-notch. Dr Marcus is excellent and has brought my husband’s mouth back into good dental health after years of cracked teeth and root canals. The office is run with professionalism and I have never been kept waiting for an appointment. Highly recommend!”
“There’s a reason I’ve been coming here for over 2 decades! Not many can say they enjoy their experience at the dentist, but I can! Love Dr. Marcus and his team (Joan, Dawn, etc.).”
Call us today! 312-263-6898