Intro to Dental Implants Dental Implants 101 Single Missing Tooth Are Dental Implants right for me?
Dental implant dentistry is a great option for anyone looking for a low-maintenance, long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. In addition to a 97 percent integration success rate, implants can increased your confidence and enhance your overall quality of life. When the procedure is complete, you will walk away with a dazzling smile as well as increased oral functionality. Patients who switch from dentures to implants or go from a dental bridge to implants are often amazed with the difference; since dental implants act like your natural teeth, chewing and speaking is easy and comfortable again.
Most patients easily qualify for this missing teeth replacement option, but certain conditions may need to be addressed before the implants can be placed. If you have any of the conditions listed below, you should discuss them with Dr. Michael Marcus during your consultation at the Chicago Loop office.
• Gum Disease. If you have moderate to severe periodontal disease, you will most likely need to undergo treatment before your implants can be placed. Gum disease can adversely affect the success of your implant, so it is essential to remove it beforehand.
• Bone Loss. If you lack sufficient bone tissue, a bone-grafting procedure may be needed in order to place your implants.
• Existing Dental Work. Depending on your situation, Dr. Marcus may recommend the use of implants to buttress your existing dental work or remove it entirely and replace the bridge or denture with implants.
• Existing Medical Conditions/Medications. Be sure to divulge any existing health conditions and medications you are currently taking. More often than not, patients that are able to undergo common dental treatments will be eligible for implants.
• Tobacco Use. If you use tobacco products, you need to discuss the frequency of your habit with your doctor, as smoking can negatively impact the success of your dental implant procedure.
If you live in Chicago Loop or the surrounding areas and you want more information on implant dentistry or options for replacing missing teeth, please call Dr. Michael Marcus’s office at (312) 241-1328 to schedule a consultation.